Tuesday, July 29, 2008

10: Fabulous Embellished Party Hats

Coming Out!

This one floored me, I didn't think I had any materials at all for a party hat, and the ones shown on the group were terribly bitsy and twee. Then I noticed the bottle of wine we got on sunday, and wondered if I could balance that on a hat along with a glass - much more like a party hat to me, I thought. Later I noticed wifies jewellery lying in the bathroom, and wondered if I could add that to my hat. However, pushing metal spikes through my cotton hat did not sound like a good idea - but my wooly, winter hat, that would be fine.

This image shows how much I have learnt over the past week about the best way to photograph myself - an angle shot and without glasses. Using a hand is also incredibly useful, a flat edge-on hand can chop the shape, while the almost-fist elongates the face chopped off at the top by the head, as well as the sensual near-mouth finger and the dominant thumb visible in a supporting role.

No comments: