Tuesday, July 22, 2008

3: Just Shots

Strange: Being

Well, if I could get away with yesterdays, why not go the whole way, I thought. Originally I was going to take a shot of a small fridge-magnet taxi that came all the way from New York, but it turns out that the taxi idea was nothing more than a step to the one I needed to take. Today's group is about any picture that does not fit in any particular category, and I took the opportunity to use one of my favourite techniques - a collage. I was going to have ragged edges like it was ripped out of a magazine, but I did not really have the time to mess around or the necessary expertise with Gimp to get an adequately quality image.

I chose not to use the flash simply because my camera batteries needed recharging, but that muddy-green background effect is much like that you see with many portraits from the first half of the twentieth century, a suitable foil for the first exposure of my psoriasis. As I was putting the image together from the six shots I accepted, I began to notice how much it resembles one of those Hindu goddesses.

No comments: