Sunday, October 11, 2009

050 - Rocker Screensaver


050 - Rocker Screensaver, originally uploaded by gingerpig2000.

Having taken a piece of my art and abused it to achieve a description of the art -craft divide, I decided to use it as a screensaver, but because the image was so big only this amount showed on screen. Another unexpected view on my image through taking an action. At the same time Iggy Pop was singing away in the background (he just popped around for a coffee, he said), and something else clicked. Now I have a new screensaver for work, with parts of the lyrics of that song in the image.

The more you do, the more you find you can do. When I don't take pictures, nothing much happens, but I just decided to take one this weekend and now I have a whole series. This is a general principal you can apply to anything (but use it wisely, said the master), and it only gets better with practice.

No comments: